Saturday 7 November 2009

Fun on the small-holding!

Well it started good.

It was my partners birthday Yesterday, so we did what he wanted to...like go to B&Q for some hooks and spend the day out doing things...anyway, we got back home about 2.30-ish...and as we parked, I said to him

"that looks like our pig in next doors field!?"

And sure enough...Pepper had gotten out of her new fenced area into next doors field! So my partner, grabbed the bucket of feed and rattled it while i took apart the fencing yet again( you may remember me doing so last time for Salt), and he guided Pepper back in, with me fixing the fencing again behind them!

While he was fixing the pen, I took the shopping in and made a late lunch...he came in and sat down telling me that's them sorted.

About an hour later...I saw a chicken out...so i herded her back in, turned around to see Pepper was in the Barn with her head in the bucket of pig feed!

So out we put her back in the pen and as my partner fixed the fencing higher, she disappeared again! This time she was in a different field that belonged to the neighbour!

She had yet another hole she had made in a different part of the fence! Grr


So while my partner herded her back again, I put the goats away, so we could put the pigs into the goat paddock (goats being escape artists, cant get out, so neither should the pigs be able to), then he had to put the pig pen in there....well that was a farce!


Firstly my partner got in, and lifted the sty onto his back so he was like a turtle...he then staggered across the boggy mud and pig muck...only to step out of his welly and straight in the middle of it all!...the air turned blue, and i .... well i laughed to be honest....he then walked through the rest of the area to the paddock with only one welly!
After everything was finally sorted(including putting the chicken away again), I couldn't help but giggle again, when i watched my partner walk to the house, with one welly on...one muddy sock on and carrying his other welly in his hand...i really should of taken a picture at that point! Hahaha.

Today we are dispatching some ducks!...we have 6 to dispatch, we bred them for meat, so we didn't get attached to them....hmmm roast duck for dinner tonight!! although it would be a little tough...so maybe we will wait till after they have been hung for a day or two!

chat soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment